Saturday, June 6, 2009

SOTD: George Strait, "Check Yes or No"

George Strait, "Check Yes or No"
(so, you actually have to click the link for this one, embedding was "disabled upon request"-- but this music video: so worth it)

Why it's song of the day:

Today, I'm going to the wedding of a one of my suitemates from sophomore year of college, Liz Nappi. Liz has been dating her soon-to-be husband since tenth grade. And it all started when he passed her a note that said, "will you be my girlfriend?" She checked yes and passed it back.

Why you should love it:

Ok, I'm aware that if you are not a country music fan, this SOTD is probaly not for you. As my housemate Kate told me the other day, I'm a little bit "trailer" (I was not aware that that could be an adjective), so I guess this kind of cheesiness is just in my blood. But before you naysayers just dismiss this one entirely, it's important to understand one thing about country music. For country musicians, it's not really about the music at all. The simpler it is to play around a campfire with a case of bud or sing along to while driving too fast down a dirt road in a pickup truck, the better. Country music is really about storytelling. And this one is a great story (especially today).

Not to mention the awesomeness of the video. So cheesy. So unashamed. I love the fact that after he picks his lady up in that hot white limo, where do they go?  A George Strait concert! Awesome. The late 80's were a good time for CMT!

No comments:

Post a Comment