Sunday, September 6, 2009

Six days...

Until I leave for Seattle.

For an example of the havoc the impending cross-country move has wreaked on my emotions, please refer to Exhibit A: The Gin/Rummy Breakdown.

Tonight, while playing cards with my dad and brother, I burst into tears-- half because I hate doing anything competitive with them because they are mean and cocky and no matter how hard I try I will never be the winner at ANYTHING in my family because I am completely uncoordinated, unskilled, and just too spacey to notice things like the fact I just threw down the ONLY CARDS THAT COULD HAVE GOTTEN ME ANY POINTS (DAMMIT!!).... and half because I'm just that emotional right now.

Of course, it didn't take me long to realize that I was being completely ridiculous and that crying in a card game is a really stupid move for a 23 year old woman trying to prove that she's independent enough to move 3,000 miles away and run her own life. So I started laughing at myself. Only I couldn't stop crying. And the harder I laughed about it, the more the tears came streaming down my face. This weep/giggle debacle went on for about a minute and a half.

Needless to say, I am a basket case right now. Please pray to Jesus that I'll get it together before Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Geez, I love you. And if you don't get it together before Saturday, you can weep/giggle at my house.

    ReplyDelete