Friday, July 3, 2009

SOTD: Mika, "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)"

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) Music Video

Why it's song of the day:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found my summer Reality TV addiction. Actually, my 16 year old brother found it, but the addiction is all mine. 

Yesterday, Dan mentioned catching the tail end of a show on the Oxygen Network (why he was watching the Oxygen Network in the first place is still unclear..) entitled "Dance Your Ass Off," which he of course shortened to "Dance Your A Off" in front of our profanity-sensitive mother. Apparently, the show was re-airing today at 11, which happens to be his curfew, so we made plans to watch the premiere in full.

The concept is so simple and yet so brilliant: weight loss meets dance-off. The Biggest Loser meets So You Think You Can Dance. OBVIOUSLY I am hooked.


Why you should love it:

Big girls can groove too, trust me-- i have seen it with my own eyes. 

And frankly, as much as I love Queen (and I do LOVE Queen), "Fat Bottomed Girls" is over. "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" is the fat lady anthem of the 21st century. Get with the program, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment