Monday, July 6, 2009

SOTD: James Taylor, "Carolina In My Mind"



Why it's song of the day:

I'm off to Black, Mountain, North Carolina today-- where I have spent 18 summer vacations and countless hours on the largest porch I know, eating ice cream and looking out over the Blue Ridge Mountains.

When I was in elementary school, we would drive 12 hours to Black Mountain, where my dad was and is on FCA camp staff, from our home in Lakeland, FL. My dad had a James Taylor tape cassette that he would always listen to once we started to doze off in the backseat. I have so many drowsy memories of winding mountain drives, my ears popping and stomach churning, and James Taylor strumming me back to sleep.


Why you should love it:

James Taylor and Carolina are two of the greatest things in this world. And this song has them both. I especially love his little "whistling introduction" on this (old school) video.

No comments:

Post a Comment