Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Go East, Young Lady

Yes, it has occurred to me that I need a new name for my blog.. but, as I am just now ending my second full week of life on the road, my brain does not have much capacity for creativity anymore. Any suggestions you may have are welcome; however, I reserve the right to make up something better as soon as my life becomes a little less mobile.

Now, on to the update... when I last left you, faithful reader, I was in Los Angeles with my dear friend Lauren, who showed me a fantastic time in Lala land. I caught up with several of my favorite people from JMU theatre (and a Seattle buddy, too!), went to Disneyland and the beach  ate some fabulous food (What up, Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles!), and hung out with my mom at the Getty Museum.

Mom and I left LA for Las Vegas on Friday morning. We got to town just in time to check out the Vegas hotels for a moment before taking in LOVE, the Beatles-themed Cirque du Soleil show at the Mirage. We managed to avoid the slots and instead spent our dough on ice cream Sundaes at Serendipity 3, where we people watched the crazies on the strip.

After Vegas we made a pit stop at the Hoover Dam and then headed for the Grand Canyon, where we caught the sunset (no big deal) before settling into our hotel in middle-of-nowhere Williams, AZ. The next morning (Sunday, I think?) we got up super early to get as much time in at Grand Canyon National Park before making the 6 hour drive to Albuquerque. It was grand. And we were pooped by the time we got to New Mexico.

Today, we slept later than we had planned (probably a good thing), and then headed into Santa Fe-- which has been such a delightful city to explore. The architecture here is beautiful, the history is rich, and the shopping-- oh my! If only I hadn't had to fix my car and buy a new cell phone this month, I might be tempted to spend a pretty penny on a pair or two of cowboy boots here, but alas, I still have another week of travel to fund.. so, I'll just fall asleep tonight dreaming of the brown pair with the turquoise cut-outs. Sigh. And don't even get me started on the food... green chile and blue corn everything and some of the best damn Margaritas I've ever had.

Tomorrow we're off to Taos to explore more New Mexican art and culture, so I should get some sleep now...

but first... Pictures!




































1 comment:

  1. So fun!! I love that you're sharing the journey on here!

    ReplyDelete