Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This is really happening...

I've been so busy the past few weeks with saying goodbye to Seattle that I've barely had time to think about the fact that I'm DRIVING ACROSS THE COUNTRY for the next month.

Despite the endless stream of goodbyes I've been through this month, It didn't hit me that I was actually leaving Seattle until I was sitting in the waiting room at Jiffy Lube, my car out in the garage, packed to the gills with everything I've not sold, shipped, or given away since moving out of my apartment at the end of August. There I am, sobbing and snotting all over the place, and the poor jiffy-luber, a greasy, fifty-something guy walks in to ring me up and just does not know what to do with this emotional wreck sitting in front of him. Bless his heart.

But the good news is... I got twenty bucks taken off of my signature service,  and had 6 hours on the road to get it together. I took full advantage to all of the sweet road trip gifts friends gave me-- bought a pumpkin spice latte and a tank of gas, ate some Theo chocolate, listened to some awesome mix-cds and a few chapters of Harry Potter (my first time ever hearing/reading it!), and booked some hostels for the San Francisco portion of my trip (one is in the city and the other is in a lighthouse just a little way down the coast-- how cool is that??). Tomorrow, I'm cutting over from Eugene, Oregon (home of the Oregon Ducks and my lovely friend Chelsea V.) to highway 101, which will wind me down the coast and into the Redwoods, where I'll stay with my friend Lauryn before heading to San Fran and on down to LA to pick up my momma for the southwest leg of my trip (Grand Canyon, anyone?).

Check my route out here and get excited for future posts about my upcoming travel adventures:


View Larger Map

1 comment: