Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SOTD: Ray LaMontagne, "Crazy"



Why it's song of the day

Other than a few babysitting jobs here and there-- I really have had nothing to do this summer. And let's face it, I already overthink everything-- this much extra time on my hands is no help. I've abandoned my hopes for productivity and have become a lazy waste of space. With still a month left before I make the big move, I'm checking craigslist like 25 times a day, reading too many Facebook updates, and, frankly, losing my mind.


Why you should love it:


A good cover song is hard to find. Case in point: Madonna's atrocious disco-pop take on Don Mclean's classic, "American Pie." But this one breaks the mold. Completely revamping Gnarls Barkley's 2006 chart topper, LaMontagne's signature rasp turns a pop hit into a blues anthem. And a damn sexy one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment